Directions & Tips
After Signing Up You Must Add Your Book to the Database!
- Click on "Add Your Book" (that link is also at the top of the page in the AUTHORS! box)
- You might have to login first if you're not already logged in.
- Fill out the form to add your book. It will be approved and added to the Read & Review, as well as our permanent book database!
Interacting with Readers
- For each request you are sent - send them back something touching base like "I'm going to gift you a Kindle copy from Amazon, does that work?" Just to be sure they're on the planet before you send them something. If they don't get back to you, forget them and move on!
- Send them any format you like (that they can read). When you send it, you can tell them you'd love a review, but you can't DEMAND one in exchange for the book.
- Ask them to let you know about the review when posted if you like.
- REMIND THEM TO ADD THE PHRASE "I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review" to their review! That's an Amazon law and FTC.
- Make up an email template for sending to readers and save yourself some time!
- Most people handle Out of the US requests by emailing them mobi, epub or PDF files or sending them to links where they can download them (some people use services like bookfunnel)